Posted by Kenzie Dutka | February 1, 2022
Arborist insider: the tools of the trade
We love what we do and couldn’t do it without our trusted tools. From chainsaws to rope, here’s a list of our favourite tools, which have been created by some of the best brands in Canada and make our jobs easier and safer everyday.
- Chainsaws: Stihl. Stihl’s exceptional chainsaws are reliable, start effortlessly and allow us to slice through any type of wood with ease.
- Chippers and Stump Grinders: Bandit Industries. Built to last, these help us wrap up our projects effectively and without hassle.
- Handsaws: Silky. These handsaws give us extended reach and are lightweight, making each cut faster and more efficient.
- Climbing Harnesses: Teufelberger. When a piece of gear is the difference between staying secure and falling, you have to trust it completely—and these have never let us down.
- Climbing Gear: Petzl. Petzl’s gear gets us anywhere: no matter how high or complex the climb is.
- Rigging Gear: CMI. CMI is the go-to for durable gear built to withstand all of the witty pulley systems we use day to day.
- Climbing and Rigging Rope: Atlantic Braids. In the market for a rope that will never break? We trust Atlantic Braids to provide cordage that’s lighter yet stronger than most competitors.
- Reaching tools: ARS. It’s crucial for us to be able to reach and maneuver around high branches and awkward crevices with ease, and ARS has made it possible.
- Safety Gear:
- Saw pants: Clogger. Lightweight, easy to move in and very stretchy, Clogger makes a pants that are both protective and comfortable.
- Climbing helmets: Protos. With a 5-year lifespan and a huge field of view, Protos has designed helmets that are a perfect match for the needs of our team.
- Gloves: Pfanner. Oil-proof and ultra grippy, Pfanner’s fine grip gloves allow us to scale even the roughest, sappiest trees without worry.
- Protective boots: Haix. Made of high quality, chainsaw cut leather, Haix’s boots keep our feet protected while on the job and keep us comfortable in any temperature.
Thanks for the shout out team!